Welcome to the Dorman High School Media Center Blog. The information provided on this blog is intended for Dorman High School students. We hope the information is helpful and relevant. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Scorpio Races - A Must Read


I just read The Scorpio Races and I can't wait to share it with DHS students!  It's a fantastic story, complete with a little violence, romance, and bullying all in one book.  Gutsy characters with a splash of mythical creatures (Cappail Uisce--water horses), the story was riveting.  Just consider the opening line:
It's the first day of November and so, today, someone will die.
With an opener like that it has to be good!

I do have to warn though, the story is slow to get into. But as I reflect back over the beginning, I  realize it helped me understand Sean and Puck as individuals in the story.  Don't let my warning put you off--this book is fantastic!!

Mrs. C. Nelson




No comments: