Welcome to the Dorman High School Media Center Blog. The information provided on this blog is intended for Dorman High School students. We hope the information is helpful and relevant. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Bragging--Not Something I Like To Do!

I just had to brag a little...at the South Carolina Association of School Librarians conference last week, I got the privilege of listening to (and getting a picture with) Chris Crutcher (I'm sure Mrs. Nelson got a picture with him as well).  Crutcher is a youth advocate and author of young adult books (some of which are very controversial).  One of my favorites is Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes.  I also enjoyed reading his autobiography, King of the Mild Frontier.  If you are interested in learning more about him and his work, check out his website http://www.chriscrutcher.com/.  We have the nine of his books in our library: 
King of the Mild Frontier
Angry Management
The Crazy Horse Electric Game
Deadline
Ironman: A Novel
The Sledding Hill
Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes
Whale Talk
Athletic Shorts

PS-- here is Cathy's pic!!



No comments: