Welcome to the Dorman High School Media Center Blog. The information provided on this blog is intended for Dorman High School students. We hope the information is helpful and relevant. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Casting an iPad vision at DHS!

We started allowing students to checkout iPads from the library today. Sigh--still having a hard time wrapping my mind around how they can work like this, especially considering students cannot personalize or download apps. But the excitement is palpable. Today's task as our students explored--leave a "note" using the note app on the ipad listing apps we as library staff need to download. LOL App store is available but the install is blocked at school, so I have to bring them home to review student requests and download. Remember I'm on a vision casting mission here. I want them to work so I have to figure out how to keep our kids interested. I want students to use them for research, productivity, leisure, and most importantly, learning! Experience and fun are byproducts!! Oh yeah, have to share that teacher reaction has been incredible too.

No comments: