Dorman's Library is set to celebrate Teen Read Week!! Here is an outline of the activities planned to highlight Young Adult Literature!
- Everyday the week of October 17-21 we will have a "Picture It" contest. "Picture It is the theme this year, so this contest capitalizes on it. We will feature a popular DHS YA book in pictures only, and it will be displayed in the cafeteria where students can fill out entry forms to guess the title. All correct responses will be displayed in the library and entered into a drawing. There will be ten students who win a free book, ten students who win a Cavalatte (school Coffee and Dessert shop) Coupon, and three students who win a $10 Gift Card from Barnes and Noble.
- Tuesday the library will be hosting a BYOB Book Club! We will be serving lunch to those who signed up, and anyone can come, but the ticket in the door is to "Bring Your Own Book!" We do this in conjunction with our Spartanburg County Public Library teen librarian friends (Thanks Tara and more!!) to cultivate strong YA reading relationships. Symbiotic one for sure!
- Wednesday we are planning a "Bookmark Yourself" Day, where students can have their photo taken and made into a customized bookmark.
- Thursday, we are letting students take a Hunger Games Quote Quiz! All students who accurately match the quote with a book character from the book is entered into a drawing. One lucky winner will be receiving a movie pass gift pack!!
- Friday sorry to report is a student holiday, but we hope our students will join in the activities planned at the public library too.