Friday, April 30, 2010
Sunday, April 18, 2010
This slideshare is from a presentation given at the Pennsylvania School Library Association that was held recently. Dorman's library blog is represented!! Thanks Joyce Valenza for using us in your examples!
Monday, April 12, 2010
Ok, Cavaliers...time for some give-aways! But first, you have to come to the library to get a book! Wha???? A book, you say??? Yep! Check out a book any day (or every day) this week, and your name will go in a drawing for free Dorman t-shirts and caps. We will give away three items each afternoon this week! So Cavaliers, READ and WIN!
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Awards for this book also include:
- 2009 - International Reading Association Young Adults' Choice list
- 2008 - Best Books for Young Adults YALSA
- 2008 - Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers YALSA
- 2008 - Selected Audiobooks for Young Adults YALSA
Other Noteworthy Recognitions:
- Borders Original Voices finalist
- Barnes & Noble - Top 10 Best for Teens
- Chicago Public Library Best Books
- Association of Booksellers for Children - Best Books
- New York Times Best Seller 57 weeks
- Kirkus Reviews Editors Choice
- State Awards (voted by students) in Florida, Kansas, and Kentucky
Picture attribution is also from Wikipedia.